RMSAAM is excited to announce that Canine Massage Level 3 can now be taken as a correspondence course! Many factors influence whether taking an on-site course versus on on-line course may be the best for you. For individuals whom have full-time jobs, a strict budget, a very busy family-life, or just prefer studying in the comfort of your own home or office, the correspondence course is the best fit!
The course is designed to walk you through the progression fairly easily, and RMSAAM also provides email and phone support answering your questions as they arise during business hours.
What will you learn in this course?
- Specific Massage Techniques that Facilitate Healing / Geriatric and Quality of Life Focus
- Grief Counseling, End of Life Issues and Quality of Life Issues
- Common Conditions and Injuries of Geriatric Dogs, their Pathology and the Accepted Protocols Currently Used in Veterinary Medicine for Treatment.
- Specific Massage Techniques that Assist the Immune System, Help Reduce Pain and Inflammation and Maintain Range of Motion.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Energy Work
- Massage for Inflammatory Conditions
- Circulatory Massage
- Palliative Massage
- Euthanasia Ceremonies – Introduction to Specific to Oils, Herbs, and use of Color
- Sound Therapy
- Pain Evaluation
- Anatomy Focus on Lymph System, Joints and Nerve Supply
- 4 Case Studies… and much more
Speaking of case studies; are you wondering how these will be completed and reviewed? You may video-tape your sessions and submit it along with the paper work as requested in the instructions you will receive by Ginger Currie, the Enrollment Coordinator. What about the possibility of a live practical? RMSAAM offers this option at $60/hr. or $360/7-hour day.
You may wonder if you must take Canine Massage Level 3 – No. It’s wonderful to be able to round out your education as a certified canine therapist by educating yourself in all three levels of massage, but it is not a requirement. If you’d like more information, please contact the school at 303.660.9390, 866-903-6462, or email firstname.lastname@example.org! We’re happy to answer all your questions!