By Deandra Walker
I love it when my dog is acting cute or silly and I am able to capture a photograph of it. I like to use my camera phone, and I am sure you do as well. Unlike my digital camera, I always have my phone with me making it easier to snap photos of those special moments. However, I have noticed that the photos from my camera phone do not turn out quite as well as I hope or my subject decides to move and chase the squirrel running across my yard. So how can we improve the way we take pictures of our dogs using our cell phones?
Camera phones are continually evolving, becoming of higher quality all of the time. And, they are so easy to use! Here are some tips for getting those photos to show off your dog and his or her unique personality.
- Turn the flash off to avoid creating red eye. The flash can also startle your dog. Always try to use natural light instead.
- Make sure that you focus on you dog’s head. These days, smart phones have the capability for you to select the subjects in your picture you want to focus on.
- Get down to eye level to take the photograph; it is more flattering for your dog.
- Offer treats to your dog get you’re his attention.
- Use the rapid-fire option if you catch your pet doing something cute. That way your phone takes pictures continuously and you have a better chance of capturing a good shot.
- Try to take photo early in the morning or just before sunset. These are the times during the day when natural light is perfect for photography.
- Turn your pet’s face toward the sun when outdoors so their expression is bright and visible.
Follow these suggestions and you will have better luck snapping an adorable photo of your pet. If you take a good shot, email it to us at email@example.com and we will put it up on our Facebook page. Whoever gets the most comments/likes between today, September 9th and 5pm MST on September 16th, will win a prize!